Kristen Poissant Studio - March 2016 to Present
KP Studio focuses specifically on Brand Styling & Design for the Creative Entrepreneur, marrying strategy and design to attract the ideal customer through colorful branding, beautiful design and cohesive visuals.
My goal as a Creative Director is to understand the personality of your business, by creating a visual story that instantaneously communicates your brand and it’s values. I focus on clean, beautiful and unique designs to give your project a truly personal touch. I am passionate about the brands I work with and love working with like-minded people that are doing what they love. Click on the photo to see where it was featured.
MyPublisher - October 2013 to September 2016
While working with MyPublisher, I drove artistic conception of all in-house seasonal brand campaigns for email marketing, print and web. In the absence of a physical retail space, I was responsible for bringing products to life through customer interaction with imagery and copy. In addition, I also:
• Coordinated and Art Directed (concept to completion) all photo shoots to ensure a cohesive brand identity was maintained.
• Worked closely with an in-house photographer to prepare streamed lined shot lists to ensure efficient and timely execution of photo campaigns.
• Built a strong brand photo library through sourcing photographers to license unique and brand appropriate artwork from. Managed all communication, including working with
Shutterfly Inc. legal department to obtain the legal rights to all photos.
• Worked with in-house copywriters to develop and translate copy into effective design by applying a robust understanding of communication hierarchy and marketing objectives.
• Collaborated extensively with cross-functional teams for brand marketing brainstorming sessions.
• Designed unique email marketing campaigns, including supporting web assets when assistance was needed.
• Managed the visual components of all brand social media channels including Instagram and Facebook.
Vera Bradley - January 2010 to September 2013
• Managed design and product development of the Stationery, Tech and Home & Gift product assortments; moving products from trend research to concept, technical design and file release.
• Managed daily direction of a Design Assistant while providing support, guidance and mentorship.
• Worked directly with domestic and international manufacturers, to develop new products, problem solve design issues and manage cost development.
• Presented seasonal collections to an executive staff throughout the development process as well as being the key liaison between cross-functional teams to determine product line management calendars, strategy development and analysis of sales data.
• Visited overseas vendors 2x per year to maintain relationships, discuss pricing and perform press checks to ensure all color standards and quality were being met.